"The true rewards of HONEST work are neither to be SEEN nor HANDLED, They are NOT measured by a GOLD STANDARD nor by any material result. They are not acclaimed by the applause of the crowd. They lie within you; in your own knowledge that you have done your BEST! that you have striven to reach your own STARDARD of your HIGHEST Powers. You will often perhaps always, fail to reach your own IDEAL but comforted ideals are not for attainment; but for pursuit!" - Lord Moynihan
MolTable: An Open Access (Molecule Table) Portal for "Advanced Chemoinformatics Research, Training and Services"
* Position Open: Project Assistant position available on contractual basis for OSDD MPDS (Molecular Property Diagnostic Suite) Tool Development. MSc/MTech/MPharm students with strong programming background in JAVA, Perl, chemoinformatics tools are encouraged to send their CV to karthincl [at] gmail.com on or before 14-Nov-2013. The Instructions will be sent by email to the suitable candidates based on the educational qualification (First Class throughout from SSLC till Masters Degree) and Experience. Salary: Rs. 16,000 p.m
MolTable support Open source, open access and open archive of scientific software tools and data.
Please feel free to contact us for any improvement of this scientific data portal for molecular informatics. Major objectives: Use informatics methods to solve chemical problems (To support Advanced Research for Better Human Health, Food & Energy Security, Environment, Clean Water etc.,).
Compute Molecular Descriptors through MOLTABLE (Click here for instructions) Try it NOW!
MOLTABLE is powered by ChemAxon Tools.
Muthukumarasamy Karthikeyan Ph.D [click to read thesis]
CSIR-National Chemical Lab. Pune - 411 008, INDIA
* Position Open: Project Assistant position available on contractual basis for OSDD MPDS (Molecular Property Diagnostic Suite) Tool Development. MSc/MTech/MPharm students with strong programming background in JAVA, Perl, chemoinformatics tools are encouraged to send their CV to karthincl [at] gmail.com on or before 14-Nov-2013. The Instructions will be sent by email to the suitable candidates based on the educational qualification (First Class throughout from SSLC till Masters Degree) and Experience. Salary: Rs. 16,000 p.m [CLICK forADVT.] Last date (14 Nov. 2013)
Postal Correspondance (*To be sent for Interview on or before 14 Nov 2013 (revised date) )
M.Karthikeyan, Pr Scientist, Digital Inf. Res. Centre, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune - 411 008 (email: karthincl [at] gmail.com)
We are working in the area of chemoinformatics for the past two decades especially to develop tools for academic/industrial research. In this direction we made several predictive studies related to Drug Discovery Research (QSAR, QSPR and QSTR) . We applied QSPR strategy for predicting Melting point of diverse class of organic molecules . As part of innovative research we developed a methodology for molecular encoding as barcodes [click] with truly computable structures for inventory management. In order to handle high data we developed a program ChemXtreme to harvest chemical information from entire Internet using search engines like Google and extracted data such molecular properties, activities, and toxicity of molecules were converted in to specialized databases. ChemStar(5) is another program developed to handle large amount of molecular data using Distributed computing environment (Ref 4-5) and applied for calculating molecular properties for the entire collection of PubChem database. We also contributed in compiling MSDS datasheets for Central Pollution Control Board-New Delhi. Chemical Data mining of Indian Medicinal Plants and Traditional Chinese medicine from Scientific literature covering past four decades to build DoMINE (in progress).
To create awareness and promote CHEMOINFORMATICS among the academic community and other scientific funding agencies in India, we recently organized an International Conference on Chemoinformatics (Jan 22-24, 2007) at National Chemical Laboratory, first of its kind in the country [photos] [Read More..]. We also provide academic and industrial training in building chemical-biological databases related to chemoinformatics and other In-house built Databases and commercial databases and Molecular Informatics Tools.
Working in Molecular Informatics (Application of HPC tools using distributed and cloud computing architecture to handle large scale molecular data ~100 millions+ defining virtual chemical space of selected protein targets or therapeutic category, Organic reaction modeling using QM & QC and extension to biological systems (INSPIRE Project 12 FYP 2012-17), predictive QSAR (properties, toxicity, activity) , artificial neural networks and other machine learning tools, textmining, Visual computing for molecular informatics and application in drug design, lead optimization, materials, Education, Research and Management). Inventory and automation for sample tracking (NORMS 12 FYP 2012-17), chemical risk assessment and hazard analysis (Industrial Safety Processess modeling and simulations).
What is new ?
Compute Molecular Descriptors using Moltable Portal! [Click]
* Cloud computing using chemoinformatics tools (Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi) 2010-2013 (distributed computing)
* Harvest Molecular Data From Web (Sponsored by CSIR under EMPOWER Scheme) (related story) 2010-2012
* Ph.D & Project Assistant positions available in Chemoinformatics and related areas email your resume.
* MOLTABLE support InChI Trust initiatives Also support Training Programs in Chemoinformatics